Tuesday 20 May 2008

When it Rains it Pours

One thing that I have noticed during my first week in Rome, is that when they call for rain showers all day, it is not a continuous rain. Typically it rains hard for about 20 minutes and then the sun will come out. It is almost as if we are in a tropical climate. I have visited Florida many times and the weather is a lot like it is there. It has been raining off and on over the last couple of days and the fountains that I've seen are all over flowing with water. The Tiber river is also gushing and moving at a very fast pace. Luckily, the weather is suppose to clear up in the next couple days so it will give the water a chance to recede. The humidity is also very high. Every morning when I wake up I always feel sticky and it's a must to shower. In my mind the weather has been perfect. It hasn't gotten much hotter than 75 degrees. At night it is cool, but unfortunately the humidity remains high. I'm dreading the coming month of June when the weather typically spikes up into the high 80's. At least I am getting the majority of my sight seeing done while its cool!

No comments: