Tuesday 27 May 2008

TV Commercials on Italian Television

After playing around with the TV in our apartment we finally got it to work. In order to turn on our TV, you have to hit the power and channel up button at the same time, imagine that! Anyways, after watching very little Italian television the one thing that I am really getting a lot of enjoyment out of is the commercials. The similarities between Italian commercials and American commercials is very interesting. One of the first commercials I saw was a commercial for Dove shampoo. The commercials shows a woman in the shower, and a sensual Italian voice comes on telling you about the product. I got a kick out of the sexy Italian voice. Even though I couldn't understand what he was saying, I could relate to the commercial because of the tone of his voice. I had seen similar commercials back home so I didn't really need a dialogue to follow the commercial. I actually wanted to try the product out after viewing the commercial because the beautiful woman seemed to love the product. Even though I had no specifics about the product, the mix of the sexy voice, and the beautiful woman made me a fan!

No comments: