Saturday 17 May 2008

The Colosseum at Night

After viewing the Colosseum during the day, I thought it would be cool to head over to the area after dark. There was no let down with this assumption. I thought that it was absolutely incredible how the Colosseum was lit up at night. It was so surreal walking around the Colosseum in the dark because it was absolutely beautiful, I could see why the characters in the books we've been reading go on dates there! I was under the impression that none of my pictures that I was taking were coming out because it was so dark, but when I uploaded them onto my computer and changed the exposure settings I was very surprised at what I saw. Almost every picture that I took of the Colosseum had white orbs all over them. I thought this was really interesting because every other picture that I took that night of other things did not have this effect. If you are one to believe that an orb is a spirit or a ghost, I guess it would make sense that thousands of them would be fluttering around this ancient wonder. On any given day in ancient rome dozens of people and hundreds of animals were slaughtered on the Colosseums hallowed ground. It might have been only in my head, but the air around the Colosseum definitely did feel strange and eerie. I can honestly say that so far, the Colossium has lived up to every expectation that I had about this spectacular structure. 

No comments: