Saturday 17 May 2008

Advertisements for American Bands in Venice

The advertisement for a music festival in Rome shown here, i've noticed all over the city. That is one of the main themes that I've found with American advertisements in Rome. There are very few different ones, but there are an abundant of the same advertisements all over the city. Let me just say, the advertisement shown here definitely did the trick for me and my roommates. After seeing that this concert was going on we are definitely going to take a trip to Venice to see at least one night of this show. I think it would be an amazing experience to see Alanis Morissette, Counting Crows, Linkin Park, and the Police all in the setting of Venice. Not only are these bands all very different and i'd normally see this concert regardless, the fact that the show is Venice makes me extremely excited to see this show. I think its particularly interesting that Italians follow the same music and celebrities that we do. It really shows the power of Hollywood. I wondered to myself, who are famous Italians that local Romans follow? After stopping at a news stand and seeing all of the familiar US Celebrities i've come to the conclusion that American stars are a global power.

No comments: