Friday 23 May 2008

Stained Glass

Inside of the Santa Maria sopra Minerva I thought the stained glass windows were exquisite that lined the ceilings of the church. They were all very much the same, but at the same time completely different. The amount of time and effort put into these windows completely blows my mind. Even on a rainy day the light that shined in from the outside made them absolutely gorgeous. I use to think that the stained glass windows at my church at home were remarkable but what I witnessed today was at a completely different level. As you can see they all have pretty much the same shape, but their color and the way they were put together are completely different. I am sure that I am going to see an abundance more of stained glass during my stay in Rome, but to date, the windows I saw today took the cake.

No comments: