Saturday 24 May 2008

Dinner for Two

After settling in, and getting to know our area of the city, my roommates and I have started to make some delicious meals for dinner. The Restaurants in Trastevere are very expensive, so we learned rather quickly that eating out every night was not going to be an option. Luckily, our neighborhood is filled with delicious fresh markets that have the most splendid fruits and vegetables that you could ever imagine. The tomatoes in Italy are fantastic, actually, they don't even taste like tomatoes. The tomatoes have a distinct sweet flavor to them that is not like any tomato I have ever tasted at home. I am definitely not looking forward to going back to the states and back to the vegetables I'm accustomed to at home. Anyways, tonight my roommate Shane and I made the most delicious meal. Fresh pork chops and sausage. Homemade bruschetta, with fresh tomatoes and olive oil, and penne pasta tossed in a light marinara. As you can see, it was the perfect Italian meal! 

No comments: