Monday 23 June 2008

Viewing Roma St. Peter's Style

The other day I walked to the top of St. Peters, and could see the whole city. It was the best view from above that anyone could ask for because the Vatican looks out into the heart of Rome. I easily spotted the some of the sites I had vsited such as the Pantheon, The Jewish Synagogue, and the Victor Emannuel "wedding cake" building. However, I was very surprised at how hard it was to see the Colosseum. It was a good thing I knew exactly where it was located, or I doubt I would have been able to see it. The outer wall was the only part of the structure that you could see. I was hopeing the find a spot in Rome that overlooked the city, where you could find a good view of the Colosseum, but unfortunately, I havn't been able to find such a place. Regardless, I am very glad that I took the time to walk up the 400 plus steps to the cupola at St. Peters. You can see for miles, with rolling hills as the backdrop for the city. It only costs 5 euros, and I'd definitely be up for doing it again.
Image courtesy of (chicainery.blogspot.com/images/rome7.jpg)

No comments: