Friday 27 June 2008

Roman Retrospective

I write my final blog posting from the apple store in the King Of Prussia Mall in Philadelphia PA. Unfortunately I broke my computer during the last week in Rome, so I wasn't able to make my final blog posting while I was still in Rome. My three themes that I chose were The Colosseum, Advertising, and Fountains. While I was living in Rome, I learned so much about all of these things. I feel like each theme meant something completely different to me at the beginning of the trip compared to at the end. For instance, walking around the Colosseum was just part of my average day. I had grown accustomed to the ancient structure being a backdrop to my new home. The history that surrounds you in Rome is something that I am going to miss back here in the states. Everyday you get to learn something knew and different. Often times, things you may discover can be up to 3000 years old. Knowing this fact, gave me a distinct curiosity, about everything I was around. Immediately when I flew into Philadelphia, I was aware of American advertisements that are plastered all over the airport. It was weird being able to read what they had to say. Hearing random people walking by me speaking English was also a strange feeling for me. After grabbing a drink at a water fountain in the airport, I was immediately reminded of how much I am going to miss the Roman drinking fountains. All and all, my experience in Rome was amazing, and it lived up to every expectation I could have ever imagined. I am going to miss my time in Europe, but as true as my coin in the Trevi, i'll be back!

No comments: