Wednesday 11 June 2008

Modern Looking Fountain

Today as I was walking to the train station, I spotted a very cool fountain unlike any of the others I’ve seen in Rome. The fountain spills water into three bowls located on top of a unique drop spout. The water cascades down the curves steel into a shallow bath below. The top three bowls are used by pigeons to bath, which was why the square was flooded with them. The fountain is located before the bridge over the Tiber called Ponto Testaccio. It is located in the far southern portion of Trastevere, an area that I am currently exploring. Every day, I try to run in different parts of the city because I’ve found it is a great way to explore. So far I’ve run to the Circus Maximus, the Vatican at sunset, souther Trastevere, and the Janiculum Hill.

No comments: