Monday 16 June 2008

To the top of Rome

One of the things that I have yet to do is go to the top of St. Peter's. I've been meaning to do it ever since we visited the Vatican a couple weeks ago, but for some reason I have been putting it off. During one of my runs through the city, I ended up at the top Janiculum Hill. The view from up there was incredible. You could see the entire city. The amount of domes I saw was astonishing. I had no idea there were that many churches in Rome, it seems like every single blog has a cathedral. I imagine the view from the top of St. Peters will be even more picturesque because you will be able to see the whole city without trees getting in your way. I will definitely be making the trek to the Vatican before I leave for the best view in the city.

No comments: