Sunday 15 June 2008

Sunset in Tivoli

When we got back to the train station in Tivoli at the top of the mountain. The sun was setting in the valley. You could seriously watch the sun fall. It went from being a complete circle to nothing in about 2 minutes. It was so beautiful. After the amazing day I had just had at Hadrian's Villa it seemed fitting to end with an gorgeous sunset. The trip to Tivoli might be the only time that I get out of Rome while in Italy. My mental image of Italy before getting here was exactly what I saw in Tivoli, rolling hills, and long valleys. I'm so glad I decided to visit Hadrian's Villa. From the beginning of the day until the end, my friend and I had no set plan. We just went with the flow on everything, and things couldn't have worked out perfectly. If you ever travel to Rome you have to visit this Tivoli, and surrounding ancient villas. It was an inspiring day.

No comments: